Saturday, 6 August 2011

Gone Fishing....A Lazy Day At The River





Yesterday was such a lovely day, the sun was shining and the air was sweet.  We took the boys Salmon fishing, of course I had to bring the dogs along, which in hindsight may not have been such a great idea, as they were desperate to get into the river and I had to tie them to the tow bar. Although, when we had finished the serious attempts at catching something, they did have a lot of fun.  

The water was so low, due to the lack of rain, during this marvellous spell of good weather, so there were few fish.  I think we only saw one jump, and that was when it was irritated by a spinner.  The boys fished hard for a couple of hours, whilst I read my book in the sunshine... which was heavenly.




My eldest son was the first to throw in the towel and decided to watch a film on his iphone. My youngest son decided he was going to endeavour to retrieve some lost flies, they had snagged in the branches, of the over hanging trees.  Just like the dogs, he is a real water baby.  I decided to make this little video, just to capture the mood of our truly wonderful time, as day's like these are precious. 



\


I hope you enjoy it, I think, like all youtube videos, it is best viewed at full screen and the music is a very old song, which I love, The Alan Parsons Project "Time"



6 comments:

  1. No matter what we do in life, we must always take the dogs along.

    It's lovely knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool, your video is fab! I love that song, never heard it before. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so precious. Savor all this.
    And, your dogs are wonderful too.
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the video. It helped soften the blow of seeing the DOW dive on the front page of the NY Times :-).

    It's so true that all we have are moments like these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looked like a splendid day. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Love,

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant.....I feel like I've been to the country......much better than doing battle on the tube!!

    ReplyDelete