Monday, 17 September 2012

People Aren't Strange... They Can Be Wonderful




Well the book both in kindle and print is totally live on Amazon form this morning. Please if you are purchasing in the UK be aware that it could take up to ten days to arrive, as it is a print on demand service here.  

I am overwhelmed by the support I have had from everyone, real life and cyber buddies.  Especially the people, who I have never met, yet they have been kind enough to take the time to write me a review on the Xlibris and Amazon websites.  

Apparently there is a lot riding on reviews, ratings and stats. 
So thank you all.

I have copied and pasted them so you can read them here..

There is a link to the book on the top right hand corner of this page, just click on the photo of me in my knickers. 


In The Man in the Moon, Johnson writes about her love of her dying father. She tells beautifully of her early childhood memories and you can almost smell the sandlewood she describes in the poem. The love of her life is profound, deeply moving, suggestive and a shared darkness between daughter and father is evident.

For Johnson a poem is a performance, the declaration of a certain moment in time. First Blood has you disturbed for the start. It's violent and dark and visions are untouchable. The poem gains from leaving the unsaid.

The personal poems are suberb. The collection is full of spontaneity and wildness. A must buy is this debut of modern verse and soul baring.
Delyth Potts 
Ruth gives us a view of life through her own style of poetry. Seeing a world full of experiences through her eyes and relaying with chilling honesty and rawness. Well done Ruth I love your modern unemcumbered words.
Helen  
From the beginning, Ruth Johnston catches the reader pleasantly off guard with her cutting edge poem 'First Blood' and immediately shifts gears with the emotional words dedicated to her father in 'The Man in the Moon', a touching tribute to her late father. The heart of this little girl is revealed with her words:

“Even in death you showed me,
there’s nothing to fear.”
…while the soul of the woman is exposed in 'High Heels':

“I love to wear high heels
I am addicted to them.” 

In 'Today', Ruth says, “Today I want to be twenty-three” and sometimes in this wonderful book, she is.
Just as you settle in, again she shifts and honestly reminds us of how we all feel from time to time in 'Invisible Indeed':

“I am invisible
Unneeded
Nonessential
Camouflaged in the corner”

The photography is all Ruth and her creative juices flow with the shot of her dogs positioned so their legs form the shape of a heart and the nature shots (is Absolut Citron natural?) are exquisite, sometimes golden with reflection and other times white with the silence of snow.

Ruth’s book, 'Word Intoxication', is one I am proud to own…and you will be too!
tolbert 
Don't let Ruth's looks fool you. While it's true she's beautiful, she also has the soul of a poet. Her candor and use of imagery on the page is like a cold splash of water on the reader's face. This book will startle and amaze. It is very highly recommended.
S. Swartz 
This gorgeously presented book will intoxicate you with the power and beauty of Ruth's language
Robin 
Word Intoxication
“Wildernesschic Poetry”
By: Ruth Johnston

As I breathed in her words and exhaled beauty and brilliance, I was captured…..
I started reading word by word, sentence by sentence, page by page…. I was drawn into a truly mesmerizing beauty of a poetic storm….
Poetess Ruth Johnson reaches out and touches your very heart with every drop of passionate energy she can channel…. I found myself being embraced, kissed, comforted, slapped, tickled and caressed all the while being made love too through each and every word, as they flowed off the pages….
I truly enjoyed the photographic artistry that flowed so effortlessly in between each poem to give you a perfect visual, as you journey through the wilderness of Poetess Ruth Johnson’s emotions, passion and creative breath of each and every magical word….
Being a Poet as well, I could truly appreciate and enjoy being truly captured and ripped into wonderful artistic pieces, as I breathed in her words and exhaled brilliance and beauty…..

Reviewed By: De Ann “Native” Townes Jr. “Author of “Peer Inside My Soul and See Me””
De Ann Townes Jr. 


From Amazon 

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful Poetry 8 Sep 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase
I must admit that I am not a great reader of poetry but this book took my eye and I was not disappointed. The author has obviously experienced life which has been reflected in her writing. It struck a chord with me.

Really an excellent ead an
d leaves something to reflect upon.
Comment | 

Was this review helpful to you?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Amazon.com: 5.0 out of 5 stars  1 review
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars An intimacy that draws the reader into her experience 9 Sep 2012
By Semaphore - Published on Amazon.com
It was author Paul GaIlico, in his 1946 book `Confessions of a Story Writer', who wrote: "It is only when you open your veins and bleed onto the page a little that you establish contact with your reader.' In reading this debut book of poetry by Ruth Johnston, you can feel that imprint of the self, that level of emotion, in every piece.

In an alternating slideshow of verse and photographs, Johnston lets slip what must take courage to reveal, with an intimacy that - much like the work of the celebrated confessional poets - draws the reader into her experience.

In "Killing Me Softly" she pushes the gas pedal into a looming darkness, and we rush headlong into it with her; in "Sea Echoes" she dances into light, and we join her in the dance. In "The Passing" she mourns her father and the inevitability of death, and we mourn with her; in "The Man in the Moon" she comes to terms with life proceeding without him, and we, like her, rediscover life.

Johnston's voice is honest, unvarnished, raw; and it is precisely this rawness of emotion that is intoxicating, that ultimately draws you into her poetry.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Word Intoxication September 17, 2012
Format:Paperback
I am a regular (addicted) reader of Ruth's poetry. What made this book special for me is the combination of her photos with the written word. We have to be thankful for the ability to self publish, otherwise her imagery might not have been available for us to enjoy.
Comment | 

Was this review helpful to you?



5.0 out of 5 stars A heart-to-heart expression September 18, 2012
Format:Paperback
Ruth Johnston and I are Twitter friends; that is, virtual friends who have never met but know each other nonetheless. Ruth has been an early supporter of my work as a writer. I am deeply grateful for her in my life. Though an ocean separates us, I have come to know her. This book that she has bravely written and published is an expression of her heart, an open heart. The photography that accompanies her heartfelt words is stunning, as is she, inside and out.
Comment | 

Was this review helpful to you?


1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Preview 19 Sep 2012
Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase
I have only read the preview and I was hooked!
Can't wait to get a copy in my hands and indulge myself in this book.
Comment | 
Was this review helpful to you?

1 comment:

  1. І hopе you ωill not mind me visitіng and thаnking you foг the рoѕtіng - it helpеd

    My web site; bridal necklace
    Feel free to visit my website ; hemp necklaces

    ReplyDelete